The first Friday in October marks Manufacturing Day. This movement, started by the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) seeks to improve the public perception of manufacturing careers and expand understanding of its considerable value to the U.S. economy.
Some little unknown facts about manufacturing:
- For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $1.89 is added to the economy.
- In 2016, the average manufacturing worker in the United States earned $82,023 annually, including pay and benefits.
- Manufacturers have one of the highest percentages of workers who are eligible for health benefits provided by their employer.
- Over the next decade, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will likely be needed, and 2 million are expected to go unfilled due to the skills gap.
- Taken alone, manufacturing in the United States would be the ninth-largest economy in the world.
- Manufacturers in the United States perform more than three-quarters of all private-sector research and development (R&D) in the nation, driving more innovation than any other sector.
Turner Sign Systems is proud to support this cause as a US sign industry manufacturer.
For additional facts about manufacturing, click here.